Tawi Engineering College
Tawi Engineering College (TEC), a college which is established on a small hill on Punjab is now on verge of touching the skies. TEC is a part of Jamwal Group of Educational institution which was established in the year 1993 by Punjab state Act, within a small period of time the college is leading the engineering colleges of Punjab. The college is not only the combination of mortars and bricks rather it is composition of students talent, teachers knowledge and hard work of everyone. The college is affiliated to Punjab technical university (PTU), Jalandhar. Also it is approved by AICTE, New Delhi & Govt. of Punjab. The college is 14 km from Sujanpur railway station and 25 km from the nearest bus stand.
“To emerge as the most preferred educational group with global recognition developing competent & socially sensitive leaders committed to excellence.”
Tawi College, founded in 2012, is a scholarly community dedicated to shaping the future and understanding the past. Faculty, staff, and administrators welcome diverse and talented students into our community, work closely with them to provide a broad and deep education, and guide them in finding and cultivating their passions. We do this with a wide range of disciplines and interdisciplinary programs in the liberal arts and engineering, as well as academic, athletic, cultural, and social activities, including opportunities to study abroad and to participate in undergraduate research and community service. We develop in our students the analytic and reflective abilities needed to become engaged, innovative, and ethical contributors to an increasingly diverse, global, and technologically complex society.To make incessant endeavour to translate our vision into a reality and achieve the following objectives:
- To create world class facilities and ambience for advance level of teaching and practical training.
- To develop students as global citizens with conscience, commitment and dedication.
- To continuously grow and become fountain head among institutes of technical education in India.
- To strengthen industry-institute interface and promote Entrepreneurial development activities.
- To have collaboration with leading universities of the world with a view to provide opportunities to the students for higher studies & seek placement avenues abroad.
Why to choose Tawi Engineering College (TEC) ?
- Assured recruitment: the college is in contact with some of the major companies like IBM-Daksh, Idea cellular, Hindustan Pencils, Tata Group, Yamaha etc. these companies hire a large no. of students thereby helping in placements.
- Dynamic faculty members: the college has more than 15 faculty members which have Ph.D. degree as well as many of them have master’s degree. The teachers have also published a large number of national and international journals. Also they have great knowledge of their respective subjects.
- Leading college of Punjab: the college is one of the leading colleges of Punjab. The college hence provides dynamic quality education to the students.
- Exposure to nature: the campus is placed on hills so that students can connect with nature hence helping them to develop physically and mentally. Also the atmosphere is very soothing thereby helping the students to concentrate.
Admission Details - Eligibility
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must have studied Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Computer Science as one of the optional subjects.
- Students may have passed diploma in any engineering trade from the Punjab State Board of Technical Education.
Lateral Entry to Second Year:
The minimum qualification for admission to 2nd year/ 3rd semester of the B.Tech. degree courses are as under:
- The candidates must have passed the diploma in Engg. Technology in any branch (as per list attached in Information Brochure of PTU) from any Institution of Punjab / other State and have Punjab Domicile.
- The candidate must have passed with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (for SC/ ST 40% J or equivalent grade point.
- If some seats remain vacant even after considering all the aforesaid candidates, then candidates from outside Punjab who have passed the diploma in any branch of Engineering/ Technology (as per list attached in Information Brochure of PTU) from any other institution in the country, affiliated to any recognized Board will be given admission.
- Those candidates must have passed with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST 40% ] or equivalent grade point.
- The candidate must possess a good moral character.
- He / She must fulfil the conditions mentioned in Punjab Government Notification No. 35/44/95-fT(2]/978 dated 21.3.2003 incorporated in PTU, CET Brochure.
- He / She must fulfil the requirements laid down by PTU.
- He/ She must be a citizen of India.